- 42 awg plain enamel wire vintage specs.
- Alnico 5 "sandcast" magnets made in the USA, which use the same manufacturing process as in the 50's.
- Premium Gavitt wire.
- Fine waxing with a percentage of black beeswax typical of the process of the 50's.
- Vulcanized fiber flatworks.
The Asyllum Pickups Hot 62' set is based on an original set from a 1962 Fender stratocaster!
The middle pickup on this guitar was faulty related to a broken coil, so I unwound this pickup entirely by hand, copied the same wire winding pattern, wire tension, exact wire diameter used, and I reconstituted the original resistance of this microphone with all the values of this one and I took the opportunity to take all the specifications of the neck and bridge microphones of this same set of 1962.
This gives an exact reproduction typical of the early 60's stratocasters, a set with huge warmth, dynamics while being articulate.
If you love the very warm character of a stratocaster, this set is made for you!
These pickups are wax potted with vintage style braided cotton wires.
This set is configured by default without RWRP winding in order to keep all the original mojo of the stratocaster pickups but the RWRP option is possible for optimal operation without hum in positions 2 and 4 in the configurator when you order.
- Before the build of all my pickups, it is very important to me to have a contact with the person before validation of the order, to define technical details ( RWRP or not, wax potted etc.), this will have no impact on the final cost of your pickups and will allow a maximum quality charter.
Resistance values: Neck 6.15k, middle 6.30k and bridge 6.65k.
Tolerance about 5% depending on the measurement temperature.
Delivery within 2 weeks.
top of page
bottom of page